Your privacy is important to us. This policy outlines how we collect, use, share and store individual data. This document is meant for those who use our services, and is based on The Privacy Act 1988. We aim that accessing our services respects and protects your dignity and right to privacy. We collect and hold information which is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our role. The kinds of information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) personal information about users of our services.
Examples of personal information that we may collect includes:
- name, contact details date of birth and age
- gender, details about your physical or mental health, including disabilities
- information about your support requirements should you have them
- details of emergency contacts, guardians and nominees, including names, addresses and contact details
- details of feedback or complaints about services provided by us
- Government issued pension or disability cards
- Your GP’s name, clinic and contact information (So we can contact them if we need to)
- If your treatment falls under a compensation scheme
- A basic Screening Questionnaire to determine any risks that might not be obvious
- An Informed consent form including:
- Cancellation policy
- Clinical Physical Contact
- Risks associated with treatment
- Questions of a personal nature
- Children and Minors
- Practitioner Collaboration
- Change in information
- Use of photos, videos, written feedback
- Right to withdraw consent at any time
- If you are under a compensation scheme, we will ask for your Case/Claim/Plan number and
- This information is accessible to Transcend Health Employees with a password protected
- Our admin team has access to the information outlined above
- Notes made by your treating clinician regarding your episode of care is accessible only by the Transcend Health Clinical Team.
- This information is collected with the singular purpose of providing you with exceptional care, helping you to meet the goal that you highlight as the purpose for your attending services at Transcend Health.
- None of this information is shared with anyone, unless we have your permission, or required by law. Under the Law, we may be required to provide information without your consent.
- Any paper documents are shredded immediately after they have been entered into our Client Management System (CRM) Cliniko. You can read more about Cliniko’s privacy settings at www.cliniko.com/security
- Any identifiable information not shredded will be kept in a locked draw until it is able to be destroyed
- If the information we hold about you is incorrect and you wish to update of change your information, please do so in person. We require you to bring proof of your identity for sight verification before making changes to your file.
- We are required to maintain your information and cannot delete it for at least 7 years under law. For minors, we hold information until they reach 25 years of age, or 7 years, whichever is longer.
- For videos, photos and use of written feedback, we ask for your consent at your initial session. We verbally confirm if you wish to be included in the photo/video at the such times as they are being taken. Photos and videos are used for marketing purposes. Your consent is important to us, and your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
If you would like more information about where your information is stored, please contact us.
If you would like to know more about The Privacy Act 1988, please visit www.oaic.gov.au
for more information.